Leggings are all the rage this season. You can find them in most stores in different patterns, prints and textures. A lot of women, including famous celebrities, love this trend and are getting their hands on summer’s hottest legwear. Are you excited to jump on the bandwagon but don’t know how to style it? Here is a list of ten things that you can wear with leggings:
1. A High-Low blouse is an excellent top to wear with leggings. Because it’s short on the front and long on the back, it conceals your derriere and back area perfectly.
2. Donning a long tank top is also a great way to wear leggings without worrying about unsightly panty lines. It effectively hides your posterior and offers a cool, relaxed vibe. To avoid looking sloppy, accessorize with chunky bib necklaces, statement earrings or pile on a bunch of enamel bangles.
3. Sweaters go with most items and needless to say, they also work well with leggings. A printed sweater or a bold-hued jumper paired with patterned leggings is a great summer outfit.
4. Pair a long cardigan with ankle-length leggings for an interesting play on proportions. A cardigan is fantastic for layering and can be worn with breezy blouses or loose tanks. You may select a neutral-colored cardigan or one in a gorgeous pastel shade.
5. Pay homage to the menswear trend by matching a pair of leggings with a boyfriend blazer and strappy heels. The blazer brings subtle hints of masculinity while the sexy heels make the outfit look girly and lady-like. Pick a blazer that goes past your bottom.
6. Do you have a short dress that you really want to wear but can’t muster up the courage to wear it on its own? Worry no more as the key to rocking tiny dresses is by wearing leggings. They are stylish, snug on the skin and provide sufficient coverage for your legs and thighs.
7. Tunics are wonderful to wear at the beach or during hot summer days. But when the weather starts to drop at night, wearing leggings will help keep you warm. Store a pair inside your beach bag so that you’ll always have one in case you need it.
8. Channel your inner Audrey Hepburn by wearing ballet flats with leggings. Embody Audrey’s classic style by opting for chic ballet shoes during casual weekends. These shoes are comfortable and perfect for those who prefer to wear flats. They’re better to wear instead of sneakers or sporty trainers because they look more elegant and trendy.
9. Add a touch of glam into your outfit by strapping on a pair of bejeweled flat sandals. They instantly raise the style factor of an otherwise laid-back ensemble. They’re a great heel alternative and look amazing with printed leggings.
10. Plain black leggings worn with black knee-high boots make you appear polished, well put together and sophisticated. They even make you look taller and slimmer. This is also a lovely outfit idea for Fall and Winter.
Leggings first became popular in the 80’s and have proven to be versatile additions to our wardrobe. May it be galaxy printed, floral patterned, lace trimmed or intricately embellished, leggings are truly closet essentials that every woman must have.
Image Source : Pinterest