It’s pretty difficult for men not to look good during the cool fall season. A simple white collar showing out from underneath a nice, neutral toned sweater looks clean, polished and professional. Just because the weather is getting colder doesn’t mean the only clothes you need are last year’s warm winter coats and snow boots. It’s just the opposite. New styles and trends on classic fall season basics will almost guarantee you will be dressed to the nines.
It’s easy to see why fall fashion collections are so highly favored by fashion experts. The clothes are rich in color and texture, cool enough for a mild fall afternoon and warm enough for a chilly autumn night. All of the colors are normally neutral, making it easy to mix and match with different styles and colors of your closet. Here are just a few of the hottest fall items you should have in your closet:
- Pinstriped Pants – This classic look is perfect for formal occasions or times when casual will do such as work. It’s the detailing of pinstriped pants that livens up an otherwise ordinary wardrobe. The best part about pinstripe pants is no matter what type of shirt you wear, they all match. For example, navy goes with gray pinstripes, gray with brown pinstripes, or black with any color of pinstripe. They all look great.
- Striped Shirts – As I walking through the mall the other night I noticed something. It seems like nearly every major fashion designer has some sort striped shirt or another. This means that they are the new hot trend for this season and why you need to get one. Striped shirts can be worn with jeans, with a suit and under a sweater. The fall fashion season is about layering with using bold and thick stripes to thin ones.
- Sports Jacket – A nice sports jacket is definitely one the hottest items on the racks this season and one look at the styles available show why. There are jackets with patch pockets and elbow patches, ones with big lapels and double-sided vents, and they are show how the retro look is making a come back. Choose a nice wool or wool and cashmere combination with three or two buttons when shopping around for a new jacket. Try to stay away from bold colors and stick with neutral tones easily worn with jeans or dressier pants.
- Flat-Front Twill Pants – Next time you go shopping, you need to buy yourself a pair of twill flat-front pants, trust me. They look great and go with just about anything and everything. One more plus about these pants is that they are available in a wide variety of colors and patterns. What makes this twill pants so great is they look good for a night out on the town or for a busy day of meetings at the office.
- Jeans – Over the last few years, jeans haven become more and more of a staple of the fashionable man’s wardrobe. In terms of color, jeans are available in everything from dark to light washes, but of all them the washed-out, worn-in look is the one that looks the best. They come in so many different styles that there really isn’t a reason why you shouldn’t own a pair that shows off your best assets. The best part about a really good pair of jeans is they can be worn with anything from dress shirts, button-downs, or t-shirts.